There are two lessons to be learned on how to overcome the worst thing that has ever happened to you:First, it’s important to have clarity when faced with challenging or bad news. Look at the entire picture; not just part of it. Second, make sure you are giving equal attention to all the possibilities. Frankly, despite the fact that I am generally balanced in my view, I had resigned myself to the worst possible outcome. As it turned out, it was about the middle worst (how’s that for bad grammar?) All of us face difficulty. Making lemonade out of lemons is not usually possible despite what the happy-talk crowd wants you to believe. When life hands you lemons they are still sour. I don’t care what you make of them! But, here are some steps to maintain perspective:
- Write down or think about all possibilities. The best case, the worst case and the most likely case.
- Remember it’s not over until it’s over. A day at a time may be OK but, in my case, it was often just an hour at a time. Stay fully in the present and deal with what’s in front of you right now.
- Eliminate negative distractions, people, events and entertainment – anything that creates negative energy.
- Remind yourself it’s temporary most of the time.
- It’s supposed to be uncomfortable.
—- Follow Us On FACEBOOK —-XTRAcredits is on a Mission is to bring WORLD CLASS EXPERTS To EDUCATE PEOPLE At THE HIGHEST LEVEL So They MAY PURSUE THEIR DREAMS, get MORE MONEY and earn their continuing education credits when they need them! XTRAcredits is the marketplace where those professionals seeking this type of education come to learn from the best and learn how to reach the next level of success in their career and in business.
About Mike Staver An internationally respected coach and professional speaker who has been labelled the “rebel with a cause.” With a master’s degree in counselling psychology and a bachelor’s degree in business administration, Mike has found a way to make complex ideas simple, memorable and immediately applicable. The Staver Group and StaverOnDemand works with leaders at all levels within businesses or corporations to challenge them in driving performance, confronting problems and making a difference in the culture of those they influence. Mike is a member at the faculty here at XTRAcredits.